A delicious Greek chicken salad topped with diced avocado makes for a healthy, nutritious, and very satisfying meal. The leftovers save beautifully for lunch to enjoy again the next day!
My Greek salad recipe is one of my all-time favorite salad recipes. I always have it on repeat as it’s so simple to slice and dice a few vegetables, and toss those with a quick homemade Greek salad dressing. Done and done!
And while Greek salad is often served as a side-dish, to accompany other mains, today we’re elevating it to a complete meal by topping it with the most flavorful baked chicken breasts loaded with bright Mediterranean herbs, and creamy diced avocado, to satisfy the Cali girl in me.
The great news about this recipe is that’s it’s a durable salad (minus the avocado), and you can meal prep it for the week. The simple combinations of cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, olives, and feta cheese is never boring on the palate. In fact, you’ll find similar flavors in my Greek Chicken Kabobs and many of my Mediterranean recipes. You know I love Mediterranean recipes!
Greek Chicken Salad Ingredients
As you might have guessed, the usual Greek salad staples are all here, plus a few extra spices to rub into the chicken.
- Cucumber: I’m using an English cucumber, but garden cucumbers and Persian cucumbers work as well.
- Cherry Tomatoes: I love cherry tomatoes as they’re super easy to slice in half.
- Bell Pepper: The crunch of a green bell pepper reminds you how fresh this salad is.
- Red Onion: Sweet red onion adds that strong, but sweet punch of flavor.
- Olives: I’m using Kalamata olives which are a large, dark purple olive with a meaty texture.
- Feta Cheese: The traditional Greek cheese that’s sprinkled on everything.
- Chicken: A couple of boneless skinless chicken breasts add protein to keep you satiated.
- Spices: A simple blend of paprika, dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, and dried parsley, plus salt and pepper, evoke those Mediterranean vibes.
- Olive oil: Just a smidge to coat the chicken before rubbing with the spices.
- Greek Salad Dressing: Even though you can buy this, it’s 1000% times better fresh and homemade. Trust me.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Greek Chicken Salad
Mix together the dried spices in a small bowl. Drizzle a smidge of olive oil on the chicken breasts and rub that in on both sides. It helps to make the spices stick! Then rub the spices on both sides of the chicken breasts, place them in an oven-safe baking dish, and bake at 425F for 20-25 minutes.
While the chicken is baking, you can dice up all the veggies. Once that’s done, add them to a bowl, drizzle with the Greek salad dressing, and toss everything together.
The final step is slicing the cooked chicken, topping it on a portion of the salad, then adding diced avocado. Voila. A Greek Chicken salad that seriously couldn’t be any easier!
How to Meal Prep and Store
The beauty of this salad is that it will last for 4-5 days in the fridge, because there’s no lettuce that will wilt. Just omit the diced avocado and add that fresh, right before serving.
More Healthy Salad Recipes
Looking for more light and fresh salad recipes? These are all reader favorites!
If you make this recipe, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Greek Chicken Salad
Servings: 4 servings
A delicious Greek chicken salad topped with diced avocado makes for a healthy, nutritious, and very satisfying meal. It’s perfect for lunch or a light dinner!
- 1 large cucumber, sliced and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, small diced
- 1 recipe Greek salad dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, or smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- I’m using half of a chicken breast per salad. You can always bake more chicken, if you’d like a full chicken breast per salad.
- These are some of my favorite baking dishes. Get an assortment for all your baking needs!
Calories: 350kcal, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 61mg, Sodium: 687mg, Potassium: 902mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 1142IU, Vitamin C: 60mg, Calcium: 194mg, Iron: 2mg
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.