These are the best salmon recipes you can count on for easy, healthy, and utterly delicious meals! From grilled, to baked, smoked, and pan-seared, salmon is truly one versatile and delicious fish. The only struggle is deciding which recipe to make first!
I’m such a fan of salmon for it’s flakey, moist texture, refreshing flavor, and abundant health benefits – gotta love those omega-3’s. It’s honestly the fish I cook most often in my house, so I’m always devising new and creative ways to serve it. That’s why I’ve rounded up the BEST salmon recipes that you can serve for an ultra-satisfying meal, whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner.
How To Buy The Best Salmon
I know that shopping for salmon can be a bit overwhelming. There are many choices and it can be hard to choose between farm-raised or wild-caught, and fresh or frozen. Then there’s the question of which salmon variety reigns supreme. Here’s a few tips that will help you choose the perfect piece of fish.
- Best Salmon Varieties: I always recommend grabbing sockeye, coho, or king salmon. Sockeye and coho are easy to find, vibrant in color, and have a rich flavor. King salmon is a luxurious splurge with the highest fat content, which means it’s the most exquisitely moist fish.
- Wild vs. Farmed: Due to the many issues associated with fish farms (such as pollutants and various toxins), it’s best to go with wild-caught salmon. They’re caught in their natural environment, which gives them a healthier nutritional profile, better texture, and better flavor overall.
- Fresh vs. Frozen: Often times, the “fresh” fish laying on ice at your local market isn’t always the freshest. It seems counter-intuitive, but frozen salmon is flash frozen immediately when caught, which preserves its freshness straight from the water. That’s why frozen salmon is your best bet!
- Things To Look Out For: Generally, you want to look for salmon that have a bright orange or red hue and are firm to the touch. And when it comes to smell, fresh fish shouldn’t smell “fishy.” They should smell fresh and clean.
The Easiest Baked Salmon Recipes
When it comes to whipping up a fast, healthy dinner – nothing beats baked salmon. All you need is a simple sauce or marinade, and then a quick pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes. The results are always moist, juicy, and perfectly flakey!
- Best Baked Salmon: This is a foolproof salmon recipe that you should know how to master. A simple lemon garlic butter sauce is all you really need to enhance a solid piece of fish.
- Dijon Baked Salmon: This herbed dijon spread will have you swooning! And while this recipe calls for a whole salmon, you can also use salmon fillets.
- Crispy Coconut Kale With Roasted Salmon: A sweet and spicy roasted salmon fillet is topped on a bed of crispy kale, roasted sweet potatoes, and creamy coconut rice.
- Salmon Patties: Transform a simple baked salmon into incredibly flavorful and moist salmon patties. Flake it up, stir it with herbs, onion, bell pepper, mayonnaise, and a few other things, then bake until perfectly golden.
- Turmeric Salmon With Coconut Crisps: This is a simple stewy dish with baked salmon in a spicy turmeric base filled with tender greens.
Seared and Grilled Salmon Recipes – Packed with Flavor!
For a subtle charred yet smokey vibe, try searing or grilling your salmon! These methods are much easier than you think, and they give you freedom to test out a variety of mouthwatering glazes.
Smoked Salmon Recipes That Are Crowd-Pleasers
Sure, smoked salmon and cream cheese are the ultimate combo, but it doesn’t stop there. Add smoked salmon to frittatas, salads, and other fun appetizers. Your guests will be raving and going back for seconds!
- Smoked Salmon Frittata: In need of a winning brunch idea? Serve this frittata filled with smoked salmon, leek, goat cheese, and tons of fresh herbs.
- Smoked Salmon Avocado Cucumber Bites: This is what easy, healthy appetizer dreams are made of! Just slice cucumber rounds, dollop guacamole, add a slice of smoked salmon, and top it off with fresh chives and black pepper. Now tell me that doesn’t sounds fresh.
- Smoked Salmon Summer Rolls: Come summer, these easy and refreshing rolls are a must! Just wrap fresh veggies in rice paper and dip in a homemade miso sesame sauce.
- Sweet Potato Toast With Smoked Salmon: This is a crazy delicious way to dress up your basic sweet potato toast for breakfast! Just add avocado, cucumber, smoked salmon, and a poached egg.
- Smoked Salmon Cheese Ball: This show-stopping appetizer is a grown-up version of everyone’s favorite party snack – cheese balls!
- Smoked Salmon Pinwheels: For another crowd-pleasing appetizer, these pinwheels are always a winner. Roll up smoked salmon with a creamy chevre mixture, and spinach in soft tortillas (or my cassava flour tortillas).
- Smoked Salmon Dip: You best believe smoked salmon can be blended into a dip! This one’s creamy, lemony, and the perfect summer appetizer.
- Hot Smoked Salmon With Salted Yogurt And Fennel: Hot smoked salmon never looked (or tasted) better. Dress it up with a slab of Greek yogurt, sliced fennel, capers, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Light, Fresh and Easy Salmon Salads
Good news, salmon is a delicious and light way to amp up the protein in your salads! Choose from pan seared, smoked, or baked, and toss it with fresh veggies and of course avocado slices for a delightfully filling meal.
- Salmon Avocado Salad: With a perfectly pan seared salmon, all you really need are a few simple ingredients to let it shine. Layer it on a bed of spinach, diced cucumbers, red onion, tomatoes, and avocados tossed in a lemon vinaigrette.
- Smoked Salmon, Avocado, And Arugula Salad: Come spring, this salad is always on repeat. It’s easy, flavorful, ultra refreshing and visually stunning.
- Crispy Skin Salmon Salad: Crispy skinned salmon is paired with leafy greens and a cucumber dill vinaigrette for the ultimate summer salad.
- Warm Salmon and Lentil Salad: This bright and fresh salad puts an herbed baked salmon front and center!
- Salmon Asparagus Salad With Blistered Tomatoes: This is a warm yet fresh combination that’s loaded with the best of spring vegetables.
If you make any of these salmon recipes, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
20+ Best Easy Salmon Recipes
Servings: 1 salad
These are the best salmon recipes you can count on for easy, healthy, and utterly delicious meals! From grilled, to baked, smoked, and pan-seared, salmon is truly one versatile and delicious fish. Start your week with this delicious smoked salmon salad!
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup microgreens
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, torn into pieces
- 1 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Champagne Vinaigrette
Calories: 300.7kcal, Carbohydrates: 15.3g, Protein: 10g, Fat: 23.6g, Saturated Fat: 3.4g, Cholesterol: 9.8mg, Sodium: 402.4mg, Fiber: 5.8g, Sugar: 6.5g
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.