Herb baked chicken breasts make for the perfect weeknight dinner. All you need is a sprinkle of dried herbs and a quick pop in the oven for juicy and flavorful chicken!
Chicken breasts can’t be beat for a healthy, lightening fast dinner. And there’s so many ways you can jazz them up with a variety of spices, herbs, and marinades.
You’ve seen me make baked chicken breasts with a spicy and flavorful paprika seasoning rub. And today I’m sharing a different, yet equally delicious flavor profile that includes garlic, thyme, basil, and oregano. The best part? It’s so easy! It’s literally a few shakes of dried herbs – that’s all you need!
This is my number one recipe for meal prepped chicken, and I previously showed you how to make it on my first meal prep ideas video that went viral. So here’s why I love it. You can eat it fresh out of the oven with a variety of sides – dinner recipe done! But you can also slice and dice it, store it, then top it on meals throughout the week. Several meals – done!
Herb Baked Chicken Breast Ingredients
As I always say, a chicken breast really is the best blank canvas to work with. All you need is an easy marinade or seasoning to take it to the next level.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: Try to make sure they’re all about the same size to ensure even cooking!
- Dried Herbs and Spices: A simple blend of garlic powder, basil, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper makes the chicken extra delicious.
- Olive Oil: A little drizzle goes a long way to help the seasoning stick and keep it moist.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Make Herb Baked Chicken Breast
Ready for the easiest baked chicken breast recipe? Let’s do this. First, preheat your oven to 425F.
- Mix the herbs. Mix together the spices and herbs in a bowl.
- Coat the chicken. Drizzle a little olive oil over the chicken, sprinkle on the herb blend, and pat it in with your hands on all sides.
- Bake time. Add the chicken breasts to a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Just make sure to let them rest once they’re done to allow the meat to soak up all the juiciness.
Tips For Juicy, Perfectly Cooked Chicken Breasts
- Bake at a high temperature. The key to juicy chicken breasts is to cook them hot at 425F for the right amount of time. For small breasts, cook for 18-20 minutes. For larger breasts, cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Watch the internal temperature. You don’t want to overcook them. Take them out of the oven once they’ve reached an internal temperature of 160F. They’ll naturally increase to 165F as they rest.
- Bring the chicken to room temperature. Chicken straight from the fridge tends to cook unevenly. So make sure to let the chicken breasts sit at room temperature for 15 minutes or so before you bake them.
How To Store Baked Chicken Breasts
Consider your weekly meal prep done! Here’s a few ways to prep and store.
- Store leftovers: Chicken breasts will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge stored in an airtight container.
- Freeze for later: It’s best to slice, dice, or shred your chicken before freezing. This will make it much easier to reheat. Then store it in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
- Reheating tips: To avoid drying out your chicken, pour a teaspoon or so of water on top of your chicken, then cover with a microwave-safe lid or plastic-wrap, before reheating in the microwave. This will help to steam the chicken and give it some moisture!
More Easy Chicken Breast Recipes
Let your chicken breasts take center stage in these speedy, weeknight dinners! And if you’re more of a chicken thigh person, check out my list of chicken thigh recipes for extra tasty ideas!
If you make this herb baked chicken breast, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Herb Baked Chicken Breast
Herb baked chicken that’s loaded with flavor, super juicy, and as simple as can be. This makes for the best weeknight dinner recipe!
Calories: 196kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 72mg, Sodium: 132mg, Potassium: 442mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 54IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 25mg, Iron: 1mg
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.