Up your salsa game with this mandarin orange salsa! It’s the perfect summer palette of sweet juicy oranges, fresh herbs, jalapeño, and a pinch of lime juice.
Lately, my fridge has been overflowing with mandarin oranges. Yes, I’m guilty of always picking up those large bags at the market. But honestly, it’s not a bad thing because mandarin oranges work so well in a variety of recipes, like a mandarin chicken salad or mandarin smoothie, and now this vibrant mandarin orange salsa!
Salsas are the best for putting fresh, seasonal fruit to good use. And mandarin oranges make for a super juicy and sweet salsa. Just toss in some diced red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice for an irresistible summer appetizer everyone will love.
Ingredients For The Best Orange Salsa
Mandarin oranges make up a good chunk of this recipe. But, it’s the little additional ingredients that take it over the top. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Mandarin Oranges: These little cuties are easy to peel and dice up into a salsa. But if you can’t find any, large oranges work as well.
- Onion: I love red onion for its subtle sweetness and vibrant color.
- Cilantro: Can’t do salsa without a fresh pop of cilantro.
- Jalapeño: Bits of diced jalapeño balance the overall sweetness. But don’t worry, it’s not too spicy.
- Lime Juice: A squeeze of fresh lime for a hint of tanginess.
- Salt: Just a pinch to tie all of the sweet, spicy, and tangy flavors together!
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Make This Mandarin Orange Salsa
- Prep the mandarin oranges. Peel and segment the oranges, then slice them into small pieces.
- Mix everything together. Add in the onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and sprinkle of salt. Then give everything a toss.
- Serve it up! This is a no brainer served with tortilla chips. But keep reading for a few more ways to use this salsa!
Ways To Serve Mandarin Orange Salsa
- As an appetizer: Serve this up with a pile of tortilla chips for the ultimate summer appetizer.
- Topped on fish or meat: This salsa works wonders paired with grilled salmon, chicken, or even lamb chops! But baked chicken or baked salmon great as well, especially during the fall or winter.
- Spooned over tacos: Give your tacos fresh, summertime vibes! This salsa tastes amazing with grilled fish tacos, carne asada tacos, or carnitas tacos.
- Add to a bowl: Add some natural sweetness to a buddha bowl loaded with fresh greens, lentils, and pickled veggies.
Salsa Storage Tips
This is a great make ahead appetizer, given that you can store this in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. When you’re ready to serve, just add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a sprinkle of salt. It’ll be as good as new!
More Refreshing Salsa Recipes
Salsas reign supreme when it comes to crowd pleasing appetizers. So here’s a few more to keep in rotation. It’s all about variety, right?
If you make this mandarin orange salsa, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Mandarin Orange Salsa
Up your salsa game with this mandarin orange salsa! It’s the perfect summer appetizer filled with sweet juicy oranges, fresh herbs, jalapeño, and a pinch of lime juice.
Calories: 36kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 99mg, Potassium: 122mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 472IU, Vitamin C: 21mg, Calcium: 25mg, Iron: 1mg
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.