Create the ultimate all-American feast with these July 4th recipes! Choose from classic cookout dishes, very berry desserts, and all things red, white and blue for a delicious, patriotic spread.
Amidst all the picnics and barbecues happening this summer, 4th of July is one of the most feel-good days of them all. You’ve got perfectly warm weather, great company, sparks flying (literally), and the best cookout food.
Just plan out a quick menu from the ideas below and you’re set! I’ve got all the classics in this list, plus a few unique ideas to bring some excitement to the table. Pick a meaty main, add a few killer sides (potato salad is a must), and bake a berry-licious dessert to end the day with something fresh and sweet!
Red, White, and Blue Recipes for a Festive Table
For 4th of July you must go all out with America’s patriotic colors – especially when it comes to food. Think summer berries, bright veggies, festive desserts, and of course, colorful cocktails.
- Classic Fruit Salad: Nothing beats a giant bowl of fresh fruit drizzled in a sweet n’ tangy dressing for a sunny July 4th!
- Berry Spinach Salad: For a healthy green salad brimming with patriotic colors, this berry salad is an easy addition to your menu.
- Berry Sheet Cake: Strawberries (red) and blueberries (blue) dot a cake (white) for the most festive dessert of them all!
- Caprese Salad: Layers of juicy red tomatoes and white mozzarella look beautiful on the table. Love this refreshing and flavorful Italian classic.
- Red Sangria: The party doesn’t start until you start serving a pitcher of this fruity red sangria!
These Party Appetizers Come First, Always
I think we can all agree that entertaining nibbles and big bowls of dips are a must for summer get togethers. Here’s some crowd favorites, with my own personal twists on them.
Grill Up Classic July 4th Recipes
For those who love to grill – July 4th is your day to shine! Just toss fresh seafood and marinated meats on the grill for a beautiful char and those smoky, appetizing smells. Your crowd will thank you.
Colorful Cookout Sides Everyone Will Love
It’s honestly not a cookout without a spread of sides, so here’s the plan. Make sure you have the classics (hello coleslaw and potato salad), plus a few summery salads to add fresh, pops of colors to the table.
- Coleslaw or Vinegar Coleslaw: A big bowl of fresh coleslaw can’t be beat for a cookout. And if you have guests who aren’t a fan of mayo, the vinegar coleslaw will be the winner.
- Classic Potato Salad: This creamy, crunchy classic will have everyone going back for seconds.
- Broccoli Salad: This is everyone’s go-to holiday salad loaded with broccoli, bacon, red onion, cranberries, sunflower seeds and goat cheese, tossed in a creamy yogurt dressing.
- Watermelon, Cucumber, Feta Salad: Chunks of sweet, juicy watermelon makes for a super refreshing salad. Especially when it’s tossed with cool cucumber and feta crumbles.
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad: For a vibrant, colorful salad, try this Mediterranean twist! I guarantee it’ll be a crowd pleaser.
July 4th Recipes That Make Seasonal Berries the Star
4th of July is a fun-filled, long day day in the sun. So make sure you’ve got a few of these sweets and refreshments lined up. Plus, they’re chock full of summer berries, with lots of red, white, and blue!
- Raw Mixed Berry and Vanilla Cheesecake: This creamy, vegan cheesecake tastes just like the real thing. But it’s that berry-licious layer that takes it over the top!
- Mixed Berry Popsicles: It doesn’t get any more refreshing than homemade popsicles made from vibrant berry layers.
- Agua Fresca: Speaking of fruits, blend any of them up into these easy, healthy, and refreshing fruit juices… Mexican-style.
- Strawberry Margarita: There’s nothing like a little tequila, strawberries, and a blender to make the ultimate fiesta drink.
- White Sangria with Mango and Berries: For those who prefer white wine to red, serve up this sweet white sangria.
If you make any of these July 4th recipes, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
30+ Festive July 4th Recipes
Create the ultimate menu with these July 4th recipes! Choose from classic cookout dishes, berry desserts, and more for a delicious, patriotic spread.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together the spinach, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, red onion, goat cheese and pecans.
Drizzle with the raspberry vinaigrette and serve.
Calories: 283kcal, Carbohydrates: 16.7g, Protein: 10.2g, Fat: 20.6g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 13.7mg, Sodium: 295mg, Fiber: 7.2g, Sugar: 6.2g
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.