This corn salad is the ultimate summer side dish that’s brimming with peak-of-the-season ingredients. You’ve got fresh grilled corn, tomato, cucumber, onion, herbs, and a light dressing that ties it all together.
Fresh grilled corn is the epitome of summer foods. I won’t deny that I love eating it straight off the cob with a brush of melted butter. But shaving it into a corn salad really makes those sweet, juicy kernels shine. And while there’s many variations of corn salad, this recipe is all about using fresh from the garden ingredients.
Think of this as a quick and easy, farm-to-table dish. Just grill up some fresh corn on the cob, and toss it with juicy tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and of course loads of herbs. It’s perfect to serve as a quick weeknight side dish. But it will be a crowd favorite at your next barbecue!
What’s In This Corn Salad?
Remember, this salad is all about fresh ingredients. So grab the best ears of corn you can find, along with everything else in this list!
- Corn: Look for corn in green husks with golden tassels for the best flavor and texture!
- Tomato: Both grape or cherry tomatoes work well in this salad.
- Cucumber: I’m using an English cucumber, but feel free to use Persian cucumbers as well.
- Onion: I love red onion for its vibrant color and pop of sweetness.
- Herbs: Choose your favorite tender herbs, including parsley, dill, cilantro, basil, mint, or tarragon.
- Apple Cider Vinegar & Olive Oil: A light and tangy combo for a light dressing.
- Feta Cheese: This is optional, but crumbled feta adds a deliciously creamy bite.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Make The Best Corn Salad Recipe
Once you’ve got all the ingredients (minus the corn) chopped and prepped, the rest comes together easy!
Grill up the corn! Prep your grill to medium-high heat and lightly brush your corn with oil. Grill the corn for about 10-15 minutes, rotating in between to get an even char. Then transfer them to a plate.
Shave the corn. One the corn has cooled to the touch, use a large knife to shave off the kernels.
Toss it all together. Add the corn kernels to a large bowl, along with the rest of the salad ingredients. Then stir everything together until it’s combined. That’s it!
How To Store Leftover Corn Salad
It’s easy to devour this corn salad, especially when serving to guests. But if you happen to have leftovers, this will keep in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Just pack it into containers and enjoy throughout the week!
On the flip side, it’s best not to freeze corn salad as the ingredients will likely become mushy once thawed.
Corn Salad Video
While this recipe is easy to make, it always helps to watch a quick video. Give it a watch below!
More Easy, Summer Salad Recipes
Kick back and enjoy summer with these quick, refreshing salad recipes!
If you make this corn salad, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Fresh Corn Salad
This grilled corn salad is the ultimate summer side dish that’s brimming with peak-of-the-season grilled corn, tomato, cucumber, onion, and loads of herbs! Watch the video above.
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and silks removed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 English cucumber, sliced and quartered
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, (choose tender herbs like parsley, dill, cilantro, basil, mint, and tarragon)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: crumbled feta
Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan on the stove to medium-high heat. Lightly brush the corn with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and grill for 8-10 minutes, rotating a few times for even charring. Then remove to a plate.
Once the corn is cool to the touch, use a large knife to shave off the kernels.
Place the corn kernels, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and herbs in a bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper, then stir together.
If you’d like, garnish with crumbled feta before serving.
Calories: 149kcal, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Trans Fat: 1g, Sodium: 209mg, Potassium: 322mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 497IU, Vitamin C: 15mg, Calcium: 18mg, Iron: 1mg
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.